Lisa Giammarco-Sustainable Skills Senior Consultant for the Uganda Project
Elizabeth (Lisa) Giammarco is a senior consultant with over 30 years’ international experience in TVET and education more broadly. Since June 2017 to May 2019, Lisa worked as the Team Leader of the Due Diligence and Technical Evaluation project in Uganda.
Starting her career as English as a Second Language (ESL) teacher to both migrant and international students, Lisa has been engaged in a number of roles in tertiary education including Academic Director at Sydney based Macquarie University, where she managed international business development strategies for UK, Russia & Latin America, and Manager of International English at the Central Institute of Technology in Perth.
For almost five years, Lisa worked as Senior Advisor for Training Packages and Tertiary pathways at Government Skills Australia, the Industry Skills Council for the Public Sector, Local Government and Public Safety. Afterwards, she joined SkillsDMC as Director Product and Services.
Lisa has proven skills and expertise to:
- Manage teams of program managers and technical consultants to deliver industry skilling standards globally
- Develop and manage successful benchmarking projects and international business development strategies
- Contribute to design & implementation of education policies
- Write and deliver TVET programs for the purpose of improving worker capability
- Manage academic programs, projects and assessment initiatives
- Manage budgets and deliverables of government funded projects focused on developing training support resources
- Implement and manage industry engagement strategies
- Develop nationally endorsed qualifications and support resources aligned to Government, Public Safety, Mining and Construction industry training needs
- Conduct workforce analysis and design workforce development plans.
Lisa holds a Master’s Degree in Teaching, led the cross-industry tertiary pathways committee for the national Industry Skills Councils’ Network, and was selected as Committee member for development of the Commonwealth initiative -Core Skills for Work Framework.
If you’re interested in how Lisa can deliver positive outcomes in your market or for your organisation, please contact us.