Nigel Carpenter-Sustainable Skills CEO
Nigel Carpenter is a Senior Executive with over 30 years’ experience working with industry associations, businesses, and not-for-profit consultancies across a broad range of industrial sectors, with a focus on resources, building & construction, and manufacturing.
Over the past 15 years, Nigel has led a number of industry associations in Australia, including the Australian Drilling Industry Association and the Australian Glass & Glazing Association, and has served as a senior manager at the Master Builders Association of Victoria, delivering outstanding results in terms of membership and income growth, innovation, quality of the service provided, and team development.
Since he joined Sustainable Skills (formerly SkillsDMC) as the Chief Executive Officer in 2016, he has been instrumental in restructuring the organisation, by focusing on its twenty years’ experience in developing vocational education and training (TVET) systems in Australia and around the world.
Nigel has proven skills and expertise in:
- Provide strategic direction and leadership
- Develop and implement business strategy
- Design strategic and financial plans, including restructure organisation to ensure their financial viability
- Liaise with government and industry stakeholders
- Design strategy to increase industry skills and knowledge
- Develop and implement training business development plan
- Manage marketing and communications strategies
- Develop and implement sales strategies
Having been engaged in multiple top-management roles across different industrial sectors, Nigel understands industry expectations and the critical role of high-skilled workforces to enhance safety and productivity. Thanks to his 15 years’ experience leading industry associations, he knows how to connect industry, government and training organisations to ensure that TVET systems outcomes match industry, labour market and communities’ needs.
Nigel holds a Master of Business Administration from Swinburne University in Melbourne, and has completed a variety of short term professional development programs.
If you’re interested in how Nigel can deliver positive outcomes in your market or for your organisation, please contact us.