Nigel Carpenter-Sustainable Skills CEO
Nigel Carpenter is a Senior Executive with over 30 years’ experience working with industry associations, businesses, and not-for-profit consultancies across a broad range of industrial sectors, with a focus on resources, building & construction, and manufacturing.
Over the past 15 years, Nigel has led a number of industry associations in Australia, including the Australian Drilling Industry Association and the Australian Glass & Glazing Association, and has served as a senior manager at the Master Builders Association of Victoria, delivering outstanding results in terms of revenue growth, innovation, customer service and team development.
Since he joined Sustainable Skills (formerly SkillsDMC) as the Chief Executive Officer in 2016, he has been instrumental in restructuring the organisation into a global consultancy that develops, supports and assists technical and vocational education and training (TVET) systems in developing and middle income countries.
Nigel has proven skills and expertise in:
- Designing and implementing new strategic plans in order to diversify revenue and enable growth and sustainability.
- Driving a positive values based culture and ensuring alignment to the mission.
- Highly effective change management.
- Developing effective relationships with governments and stakeholders in Africa, South East Asia and the Pacific.
- Exceptional advocacy, influencing and stakeholder engagement skills.
- Understanding the complexity of international relationships and structures to help governments and other stakeholders improve the management of vocational education systems.
- Developing business and export opportunities in South East Asia and Africa.
- Successful delivery of capacity building projects in Africa, South East Asia and the Pacific.
Nigel is an inspirational, visible and courageous leader, committed to creating a high-performance culture in diverse cultural contexts. A highly action oriented individual, Nigel demonstrates an entrepreneurial spirit and ability to grow Not for Profit organisations.
Having been engaged in multiple top-management roles across different industrial sectors, Nigel understands industry needs and the critical role of high-skilled workforces to enhance safety and productivity. Thanks to his 15 years’ experience leading industry associations, he knows how to connect industry, government and training organisations to ensure that TVET systems outcomes match industry, labour market and communities’ needs.
If you’re interested in how Nigel can deliver positive outcomes in your market or for your organisation, please contact us.