Luke Behncke-Sustainable Skills Director, International Development Services
Luke Behncke has over 20 years’ experience in education and business development with a demonstrated history of working in vocational education and training sector across all industries in domestic and international markets, including Saudi Arabia and China.
Luke has extensive experience working in Education, Coaching, Government, Learning Management, Instructional Design, and Team Building.
Starting his career at the Melbourne based RMIT University as Lecturer, VET teacher, and Program Manager, Luke has managed TVET projects, training packages, and curricula development for a number of leading organisations including the State Training Authority, Skills Victoria, TVET Australia, National Advisory for Tertiary Education Skills and Employment (Commonwealth Department of Industry), Commonwealth Department of Industry and Science, and Education and Training.
Luke has been engaged as Acting CEO and Portfolio Manager by Auto Skills Australia, the organisation funded by the Australian Government to support the Automotive Industry Reference Committees (IRCs) in reviewing and developing the automotive industry’s national training package qualifications in Australia.
Luke has proven skills and expertise in:
- Develop and maintain the Automotive Training Package in Australia
- Develop policies and strategic plans in the TVET sector
- Allocate resources and manage budgets and staff to contribute to the success and sustainability of national vocational education and training systems
- Liaise with industry stakeholders to ensure effective implementation of the training package to achieve training, development and skills outcomes
- Manage tenders submission and implementation
- Manage national and international projects
- Design E-Learning programs
Luke holds professional qualifications in science, research, leadership and industrial education, including a Graduate Diploma in Industrial Education and Training from RMIT University, a Graduate Certificate in Leadership in Education, a Bachelor of Applied Science, a Diploma of Remedial Massage, as well as a Certificate IV in Assessment and Workplace Training.
His work resulted in over 14 publications related to education, training, psychology, coaching, and bioenergetic systematics.
Thanks to his strong entrepreneurship skills, in 2008 Luke founded Unwind, a small business offering accommodation and wellbeing therapies in Victoria.
If you’re interested in how Luke can deliver positive outcomes in your market or for your organisation, please contact us.