Ben Rawlings-Sustainable Skills Director, International Development Services
Ben Rawlings is Sustainable Skills’ resident expert on TVET and education more broadly.
While continuing his own journey as a lifelong learner, Ben has worked extensively across Australian Vocational Education and Training and the New South Wales secondary school system. Cutting his teeth in secondary school teaching, he has also held positions as a Registered Training Organisation Administrator, instructional designer and workplace trainer,. during which time he has honed his experience in understanding the breadth of Australian Industry Training Packages.
Across three and a half years working for SkillsDMC and now Sustainable Skills, Ben has held several roles, including managing the development of resources that harmonised training and assessment practices for the civil infrastructure and work zone traffic management sectors, and has worked across many aspects of Australia’s TVET system and our portfolio of international work.
Ben has proven skills and expertise in:
- Develop learning and assessment resources aligned to industry-defined competency standards
- Design and implement customised capacity building solutions for local government and TVET authorites, with a focus on emerging economies
- Liaise with industry stakeholders to ensure effective implementation of the training package to achieve training, development and skills outcomes
- Manage national and international projects
- Manage tenders submission and implementation
- Develop and maintain the Resources and Infrastructures Training Package
Ben has applied the lessons learned in Australia’s experience with industry-led, competency-based vocational education in Mozambique and Zambia, and has worked with government officials, industry leaders and TVET professionals from around the world to help them define their skills challenges and to design appropriate solutions.
Ben holds a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment and is currently completing a Bachelor of Arts (International Relations). Ben is passionate about education as a means of personal empowerment and as an economic enabler, but more importantly, about the need for all people, organisations and countries to forge and follow educational pathways that respond to their own needs and desires.
If you’re interested in how Ben can deliver positive outcomes in your market or for your organisation, please contact us.